You notice that community search is not returning the excepted results for a term, keyword, or description of the content. You have verified that the term you are searching for appears within your expected content. You are running Social v5+ within a Sharepoint 2010 or 2013 environment.
The issue can be caused by a missing schema on the NewsGator Social Services Database. To fix this behavior, you will need to run the database scripts to restore schemas and then run an IIS reset to refresh the cache using the steps below.
Running Social Database Scripts
- Log into SharePoint Server.
- Go to Settings.
- Go to Application Management > Manage Service Applications.
- Locate the NewsGator Social Platform Services.
- Go to Maintenance > Run Database Scripts.
- Locate Database Maintenance and click on Run Database Scripts.
- Open Elevated Command Prompt.
- Execute the
- Once the message "Internet services successfully restarted" is displayed, close the Command Prompt.
After the services are back up and running, return to the Community Search and verify that you are now seeing the expected results based on your term/keyword searches.